Thursday, December 2, 2010

Finn's a big boy!


In case you hadn’t noticed, I changed the name of our blog entirely. I liked the sound of my last posting title “Keeping up with the Thurmond’s”, and considering my love for reality TV, I thought it was slightly fitting (not that we’re like the Kardashians in any way!).

Anywho… Finn’s 1 year old! Oh my, I can’t believe how fast it all went by!

Finn and I flew to Medford, Oregon for Thanksgiving almost a week in advance, and Justin met us up there on Thanksgiving Eve. Finn was AWESOME on both flights to our final destination. I was totally nervous to be traveling solo with an almost one-year old, but he made it pretty easy  I guess I need to give the little guy more credit, considering he’s so laid back every day as it is.

We had a wonderful time visiting family and friends….it was such a blessing to be able to spend a whole week in Southern Oregon. Thanksgiving was great, as usual  During our week in Oregon, my awesome brother-in-law, Mark, took family pictures and Finn’s 1 year photos. He did a great job, as always. I’ve included a few photos.

We also celebrated Finn’s birthday in Oregon, the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We threw him a rubber ducky themed party, and invited all of our family and a few close friends. It was pretty chaotic, and Finn behaved as he usually does when there are a lot of unfamiliar faces around. He occasionally smiled and giggled, but mostly just observed everyone and kept quiet. When we sang happy birthday to him, he wasn’t quite sure what was going on…he pretty much just gave us his famous blank stare  He reminds me so much of Justin in that way  They are both little chatter boxes when they’re in their own, comfortable element, but the minute their the least bit uncomfortable, they’re both quiet as can be. All in all, the birthday party was a success…although I forgot to take very many pictures!! Ugh.

Now, we’re back in sunny California, and back to the daily grind. Finn and I are trying to really have fun with our last few weeks before student teaching begins. I finish my last class next week, so after that, we are officially on the fun track until January when day care begins!

Thank you all for your birthday wishes for Finn. We feel so blessed to have the most amazing little guy in the world, and family and friends that make life that much better for us all. We love you guys!!

PS- I promise to start writing FUN updates about the cute & exciting new things Finn does, instead of a bunch of blabber about our lives for the past several weeks since the last update!!



3 comments:

Britney said...

I was smiling the whole time reading this. I can't believe it's been a whole year since he blessed this earth. Wow. What a journey. I still remember that phone call from you while we were on vacation in San Diego. God is so good.
So student teaching -- yay!!!
And where is he going to be for daycare?

Lauren said...

Love the rubber ducky theme. Wish we could have celebrated with him. Your family pics turned out fantastic! Kudos to Mark, very talented, but seeing that he had a gorgeous family to photograph he had it easy ;)
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Finn's personality sounds SO much like Canon's... the blank stare in new situations, chatter box once he's comfortable, super observant... two peas in a pod, they are!!