Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Keeping up with the Thurmond's :)

It is so strange to think that it’s Fall! This is honestly the most consecutive days of sunshine that I’ve experienced since I left Arizona in 2005 (ugh, I’m getting old). It finally rained for half of the day on Sunday, and we gladly welcomed it…it was nice to put on a coat (oops, that’s a lie…Justin left all of our coats in the apartment in Portland…just had to put that one in there  ). Anyway, it was nice to see our good ‘ol friend, Rain. Now, back to sunshine! It’s 80 degrees today…so weird, but we love it! It’s extremely nice to be able to do things outside almost every day!



As far as getting adjusted to our new life in CA in general…well, it’s been fun exploring new places, but tough to do it all of the without friends and family that we love. We keep busy (which is great), but we still miss everyone terribly. My mom and sis came to visit last weekend….we had an AMAZING time  We all really enjoyed their company, and I was sad to see them go.
Finn…oh where do I begin? He is a crazy little baby! Still sweet as ever, but he never stops moving! I’m hitting myself for wishing he would start crawling (he was a little late…started crawling just 3 weeks ago). He’s EVERYWHERE. If I go into the next room to get something, I turn around and he’s right behind me. It’s actually really cute to see him so proud of himself. He’s realizing the sky is the limit! Although now, he definitely is getting more bonks and boo-boos than before with all of the maneuvering around, standing up, sitting back down. I’m happy he’s such a tough little guy…most of the time his accidents don’t even faze him. He’s also learning all sorts of fun new things to do with his hands and voice. He loves to wave at himself (although not too interested in waving at other people), and making all sorts of sounds and noises with his voice. I love how he talks to himself…so cute 


On another note, I’m starting to realize that student teaching is creeping up on me. While I’m incredibly excited to be done with school, I am completely dreading being away from our little guy ALL day, every day for 16 weeks! Ugh, makes me want to cry just thinking about it. I know HE will be fine, but I won’t. Don’t get me wrong, I love alone time just as much as the next gal, but I just feel like I’m going to miss so much. I give kudos to the mommies who work full time. They sacrifice so much, and are still amazing moms to their kid(s). Needless to say, I fully plan on enjoying these next couple of months until then!
And news flash…Finn will be 11 months old in 8 days…can you say crazy??? I can’t believe he’s going to be 1 year old before we know it. Where, or where has the time gone?

PS- I just had to post the naked pic of Finn. I thought it was sooo cute, but couldn't bring myself to FB it! And, I just love his cheesey smile as well.
Enjoy :)

4 comments:

Britney said...

oh my! that one of him standing up is simply precious! I love love love all those rolls! Miss you Finners!!!! (and mama and dada too!)

Anonymous said...

SO fun reading all your updates. Finn is just adorable! I can't believe he's going to be 1 soon!! Crazy!!

Lauren said...

He's getting so big!! I'm with you, no nakey pics on fb, but glad we got to see those rolls here :) Love you guys!

The Newmans said...

I'm glad to hear you guys are doing well in CA! I love reading all your upadates on Finn...I can't believe he's almost a year! I LOVE the nakes picture...adorable!