We decided to stop swaddling Finn a couple of weeks ago. He loves to suck his hand, so we thought it might be good for him to have access to it when he wakes from a nap or at night (because his binkie usually falls out). The first few days of non-swaddling were a little uncertain. He was seeming to wake up in the middle of the night again...I think his newly freed hands were too exciting! We decided to give it a whole week, before we swaddled him again. He's fine now...sleeping through the night like usual :)
Now, to the ghost. Since we stopped swaddling him, we sometimes wake him in the morning to find that he's completely turned himself upside down in his crib. Where his head normally lays in his crib, his feet are (complete 180 degree turn). We put him to sleep with his head on the white part of the mattress. The first pic I posted shows how he is up to sleep and the 2nd shows how we've found him in the morning! I at first thought "No way! How on earth could he do that??" I told Justin I was totally freaked and thought his room was haunted! Justin made it very clear that it was NOT haunted (as he knows I would move asap if it were!). I've really noticed Finn moving a lot when he's playing on the floor, so I've come to accept that he really is moving that much in the middle of the night! It's the funniest thing! Our new little joke is that he acts like he's falling asleep when we put him down at night, but when we turn off the lights and leave the room, he starts to party and dance in his crib :)
Oh, we also love to read before bed. I think Finn finally gave up squirming around when he realized we WILL read a book before bed each night. Now, he sits with me and talks to the light or actually looks at the pictures. The reading is definitely more for me than him at this point, but he'll enjoy it more soon enough ;)
1 comment:
so cool that you read to Finn before bed every night. they are never too young.
Post a Comment