Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Lion King...a bit cheesy...

This week has been a big week so far for us... Finn's dedication last Sunday, then our anniversary was yesterday...Father's Day this weekend...and most importantly- Finn's adoption finalization will be taking place tomorrow!! I can't believe it's taken almost 7 months to get all of the legal work completed (well, it's not completed yet, I suppose), but we're excited for everything to be completely DONE! The attorney goes to court in Washington tomorrow at 1:30 to get everything finalized, and we should hear back from the attorney by 3:30 on everything. There is really nothing that could not go wrong, it's just that Finn is legally in the agency's custody still (this is how every adoption goes), and all the finalization will do is make him legally ours. The finalization will allow us to get him a new birth certificate, social security number, etc. It will all be nice closure.

Where does the Lion King fit into all of this?... Justin and I had a WONDERFUL date night for our 3 year anniversary (thanks to Annmarie for watching Finn). It was our first date night, with just the two of us, since Finn was born. We had a wonderful dinner, and then went to see the Lion King traveling Broadway show. WOW! I was about to cry from the opening scene alone! The actors and dancers were BEAUTIFUL and the costumes were out-of-this-world. I recommend this show to everyone!

Here comes the cheesy part- In the beginning of the show (as I'm sure most of you probably remember this part from the movie), baby Simba is lifted up and presented to all of the animals of the land. It reminded us of last Sunday when Finn was dedicated at church. Justin and I both looked at one another and smiled during that scene. It was neat to remember that no matter who you are, birth and babies are such a miraculous joy in life (even to lions!). I know, super cheese-ball, but it was just such an amazing show and that scene gave me chills. It was like I knew exactly what Simba's mom and dad were feeling...all the times I watched that movie, that scene didn't really mean much to me. Now, it totally has a different meaning to me. Oh, how the little things in life can really touch us. I just think it's neat to look at this image from the Lion King, and then look at the picture from church last weekend :)


Okay, that's enough mushiness and cheesiness for one day :)

3 comments:

Britney said...

I'm such a sap. Tears. Get it together Britney. It is nice to have the finalization be a "closure" and it is actually really neat to have a birth certificate and SS number with your son's name on it. I also recommend reading the judgment of adoption that the court will sign. It's very affirming. love you!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm totally crying now...

The Newmans said...

Me too....totally crying now! Thanks! Cograts that everything is FINALE!!! That must be exciting!