Saturday, August 7, 2010

California Bound


I have wanted to sit down and create an update for weeks now, but things have been flat-out crazy around here. As many people know, Justin has been interviewing with a couple of companies- one here in Portland, and another company in the Bay Area. In the midst of that, we have both been consumed with school work, exams, and studying (not to mention entertaining our little man).

While I was praying that we would be able to stay in Portland, as we have grown close with a great group of friends, and have finally found the area we love...that just wasn't God's plan for us. The one company in Portland does not have any current openings, while the other company has current openings, as well as future projects in the Bay Area.

With that said, we are excited to announce that Justin accepted an offer with Superior Air Handling, and will begin his first project in Castro Valley, CA the second week of September. We feel so extremely blessed that a good friend opened the door for this opportunity for Justin, and that a job resulted in it. We are really excited about exploring a new city as a family, and we are hopeful that we will be able to stay put in one area for more than a couple of years. Bottom line- praise God for this job!!

Justin and I will be heading down to the East Bay next weekend to look for a place to live. We are focusing on finding a place in the Walnut Creek/ Dublin/Pleasanton/San Ramon area (about 30-40 mins away from San Francisco...and an hour-ish away from Napa...woohoo!).

We are so excited about this new adventure, but very sad to be leaving friends we love. We hope to spend as much time as we can with our Portland peeps before we leave town Labor Day weekend.

At any rate...here we come California!!!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I am rejoicing with you, but crying for us- your peeps are going to miss you more than you can possibly know. I can't wait to plan visits back and forth though. I read "napa" an hour away :)
You guys will be sooooo missed. Love you friend.

Britney said...

I will have to find an Oregon shirt for him to wear! Well, you already have to come up for Uri/Kelsey's wedding, and we PROMISE to make it down to see you. Had so much fun with you this weekend! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!! going from one liberal city to the next:) so excited for you guys! what a well deserved blessing. It is too bad its in CA, I know how special Oregon is to you both. Cant wait to visit soon!!! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys!

Grass

Anonymous said...

I guess that means we'll be vacationing in SanFran soon? :) Love you guys - sad to see you go and you will be missed, but I'm certain Canon and Finn will still be great friends growing up :)