Friday, April 8, 2011

Spring Break!!!





Well, I guess I better post an update before this opportunity (Spring Break) has passed!

We have had an amazing week together, and still have a couple of days left :) The sun has been out, and we have taken full advantage of the nice weather. My parents also came down for 5 days, so that was a treat as well! We all took Finn to his first baseball game last Sunday (Oakland A's vs. the Seattle Mariners). He had a great time watching the people and clapping when the crowd cheered players on. My dad even bought him a nerf baseball bat and ball...now currently his favorite toys. Finn's such a boy :)

We've also had time to go for a hike, walks, play at the park, and be goofy together as much as possible. Finn is sooooo much fun to be around, and I completely miss our days together before student teaching started. I've felt like we've only been getting the "tired-and-worn-out-Finn" each day when we pick him up from his babysitters....so it was nice to play with the fun and happy little guy each day this week!!

As I recently posted, Finn has began walking and running all over the place. He has found endless ways to create bonks, bruises, and boo-boo's on every place of his body. Climbing up the slides at the park, running head first into tables, and running to fast down the hall/around corners are some of his new favorite ways to injure himself. We're trying to let him learn (as safely as possible) that he is not super-human and needs to slow down and be a little more cautious. So far, no such luck, but we're not giving up :)

Finn continues to try out new sounds and "words", and I can tell he really wishes he could just say what we're saying. He looks at how our mouths move when we say certain words, but he just can't get the same word to come out of his mouth...he certainly tries though! We love his babbling though- so cute! Oh, and the mimicking! He looooves to copy us. The other morning I washed my face and then walked over to a hanging bath towel to dry my face. Finn looked at me for a minute, and then as I walked away, he walked over to the towel and started rubbing his face on it. Same thing with dancing in the car (yes, I still do that...and yes, I know I'm not in college anymore), cleaning, etc. I love it!

Those are the major exciting things happening around here these days. I'm totally bummed that we have to go back to our routine next week, but on the upside- I'm half way done with student teaching! Just 8 more weeks to go! Woohoo!!!

3 comments:

Britney said...

his red hair is just gorgeous! and you dress him soooo well, megs! i completely relate to all the bonks and bruises. just part of having a boy. and don't you love how he mimics you? sooooo cute! miss you!

Anonymous said...

I love the one where he's pointing at the camera!! SUCH personality!

the lenkes said...

Look at that face at the baseball game. Total --wow--! Love it. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Miss your face!